PTH MAIN FEATURES
- Only 4 Process Functions, plus plating.
- Wide window of operation.
- Specially developed ABC Chemistry already being used by European PCB Manufacturers.
- None of the nasty chemicals associated with other plating systems, (e.g. no Formaldehyde).
- Line time less than one hour – half that of other systems. Stable chemistry even when used irregularly.
- Minimum analysis – mostly done by replenishment (no specialist operator required).
- Very compact equipment – ideal for use where space is limited.
- Solid state controls, dual current output – plating timer – re-settable amp/hour counter.
- Through hole plating forms a key part for the creation of multilayer PCBs
ABC Plating Lines are for the production of high quality Prototype and Production quantities of Plated Through Hole printed circuit boards or often referred to as PTH (Galvanic Plating). The process for creating “vias” has none of the complexities of older style methods of production which are both time consuming and require expensive monitoring of processes on a daily basis. The heart of the Plated through hole system is patented chemistry which has only four processes to prepare a panel to be electrolytically plated. Analysis of the Plating chemistry is minimal. The Through Hole Plating Lines feature electrolytic plating power supplies with controllers with membrane touch pad and digital read out meters to set volts, current, plating time and amp hours.
The exact method of producing a Through Hole Plated Board is via PANEL PLATING. In essence it involves drilling a blank PCB laminate, plating the holes with Copper and using Dry Film Laminate image the circuit and cover the holes to protect them from the etchant. A Dry Film Laminator and CNC drill are essential pieces of equipment for this process.
The Processes Explained
- Drill double sided 18 micron copper blank with our CNC drill or with a template & hand PCB drilling machines.
- Process the panel through the PL903S/PL904S ABC copper plating line as shown above.
- Remove the panel from the copper plating bath, rinse and dry using the Board Drying machine designed for efficiently removing trapped capillary fluid in drilled holes preventing problems during dry film Lamination.
- Apply dry film Photo resist to both sides of the panel using our dry film Photo resist and dry film laminator.
- Expose dry film with negative artwork in an AZ double sided vacuum UV, using dry peel film for ease of registration.
- Develop-Etch-Strip-Immerse Tin the exposed panel in the conveyorised spray systems.
- Cut the circuit board to the finished size using one of our precision PCB guillotines shears or for complicated profiles use our CNC machine in its routing mode. Then assemble and test the circuit board.
Plating Through Hole Module Model PL903S
Maximum Panel Size 12”x 10” (305mmx 254mm)
Maximum Finished PCB size 11.5” x 9” (292 x 228mm)
Tank Capacity Process 5L, Plating 25 L
Rectifier 1 x 50A
Plating Through Hole PL904S
Maximum Panel Size 18” x 12” (457 x 305mm)
Maximum Finished PCB sie 18” x 11” (457 x 280mm)
Tank Capacity Process 10L, Plating 50L
Agitation Mechanical to all process stages and air to plating
All PTH Units PL903S and PL904S
Dimensions 1500 x 620 x 910mm
Electrics Single Phase 220/240v 50Hz 60Hz (Please contact for price)
Heater 500W Silica Sheath
Approximate Throughput of machine 9 Panels per 8 Hours
Water In Standard Washing Machine Hose Fittings Supplied
Water Out 36mm Push Fit Polyprolyene Drain
Complete ABC chemistry starter kit replenishment kit available.