This High performance RMP354 multi layer MLB PCB press designed to allow PCB labs to rapidly prototype multi layer MLB PCBs according to industry standards.
The requirement for MLB multilayer printed circuit boards is rapidly growing as the solution to meet the growing need for the use of high density packages such as BGA mircochips. MLBs overcome interconnection problems associated with high-density packaging. Multilayer boards are used to:
- reduce weight
- conserve space in interconnecting circuit modules
- eliminate costly and complicated wiring harnesses
- provide shielding for a large number of conductors
- provide uniformity in conductor impedance for high-speed switching systems
- allow greater wiring density on boards
The number of circuit board layers is only limited by the maximum lift of the Multilayer PCB press compartment.
A compact and floor standing aluminium rack contains all parts of the Multi layer PCB Press unit including pressure supply, press plates and heaters. The large loading door that allows quick and easy access to the pressure system is of course security switch interlock protected.
A compressor, which is integral part of RMP series of Multilayer PCB presses is stored in the back of the machine. In the front, you will find additional storage room for tools or boards (lower door). the unit is controlled by two digital and adjustable thermostats, one digital timer as well as a pressure valve with pressure meter. Two powerful air ventilators activated automatically during cooling cycle.
Steps of multilayer PCB MLB production with the RMP 354:
- Boards are pinned and stack is inserted into press plates
- Pressure is created (This is completely adjustable to suit the type of boards being processed)
- Heater is activated
- Heating up procedure
- Press procedure at preset temperature
- Cooling down under pressure
- PCB stack is taken out of the Multi Layer PCB press machine
- Optional vacuum feature, that is in addition to the multilayer process which optimises resin flow and prevents the formation of enclosed air chambers. Vacuum is created before the pressing process and the vacuum unit is seperated from the press plates during the pressing process. The seal in the press plates maintains the vacuum during the pressing process. After the pressing process the vacuum is vented.
The sequence will take all in total approximately. 3 hours. Gross size of the PCBs is 350 x 450 mm which will result in a Multilayer PCB net size of 300 x 400 mm.
A full range of supporting consumables such as an Artwork Film registration punch and Chemistry for hole desmearing (Cleaning and Conditioning hole walls after drilling) and bonding of the layers are also available by request.
|MLB Board size:|| 350 x 450 mm gross
300 x 400 mm Nett
|Pressure:||> 12 tons working|
|Temperature:||Adjustable to 175 °C max||Heating up:||about 30 min.|
|Pressure time:||about 60 min.||Weight:||260 kg net|
|Cooling down:||about 120 min.|| Machine size
(W x D x H):
|83 cm x 87 cm x 160 cm|
|Power supply:||230 V~, 50 Hz, 16 A|