The Pluvex UV exposure unit is a high quality pressure contact UV exposure unit featuring UV tubes in the lid to aid artwork registration. To perform an exposure, the artwork and UV sensitive material being exposed are placed on the precision exposure foam pressure pad. The separate hinged frame containing 4mm glass is then lowered onto this foam pad. It hinges from the rear of the unit and induces a progressive contact line across the face of the foam pad aiding the expulsion of air between the artwork and UV sensitive material.
The frame is then secured with the two front mounting catches to achieve the necessary pressure for the required artwork contact. When the frame is secured the final position and registration of the artwork is checked before lowering the exposure head and commencing the exposure. Exposure is controlled by a programmable 0-999 second digital timer that is set via touch keys. The set time counts down during exposure and a red indicator show that the exposure is complete. The tubes in the exposure head are screened with a special membrane which protects the operative from the potential hazards of live electrical parts. The foam exposure pad sits in a tray and can be easily removed for cleaning or quick installation of exposure trays for non-contact curing. The Pluvex is supplied with an IEC socket and moulded socket with integral rocker switch.
- Exposure area 355 x 254mm
- 4 x 15W Actinic Fluorescent UV tubes
- Glass plate with high UV transparency for UV-A transmission
- Electronic ballast with no stroboscopic effect and no flicker
- Easy alignment feature
- All metal construction with Steel case
- Peak wavelength 365nm
- Power 4.5mW/cm² with even and high intensity illumination facilitated by high quality reflector
- Mains on/off switch and indicator
- Mains cable and plug
- 220-240VAC 50/60Hz 70 Watts Power Consumption
- Weight 11.5Kg
- Dimensions of unit 500 x 440 x 150mm
- Fortex type PLUVEX