PCB Processing Tanks
These PCB processing tanks which are used with great success in both Industry and Education. The successful proven design features self contained units each of which are free standing and will accept boards up to 320 x 260mm (12.6″ x 10.23″). Each unit is formed in two parts, the high density polypropylene inside tank being injection moulded as a single piece. This method of construction has proved to be far more efficient than the old method of welding together several vacuum formed parts which by design gives inherent danger of leaks from joins. This one piece design is an important safety feature which should be considered when choosing PCB tanks.
This inside tank has an integral top surround, which secures over the second of the two parts, an outer made from 6mm Polypropylene using our CNC machine and advanced plastic welding techniques. A splash proof lid with full length board holder mesh covers a working area of 5 litre capacity. The board holders feature yellow side clips which can be secured to close the sides of the mesh when very small boards are being processed. For added safety the inside tank is bolted to the outer case at the bottom of the unit. This must be removed before access to electrical components. Where applicable, the specially developed 500 watt heater with protective silica sheath is externally mounted in the tank, as is the thermostat sensor.
The heater is fitted with an internal re-settable safety device to protect the tank if it is inadvertently turned on without any liquid in. All splash proof electrical controls including a variable thermostat setting are located in a recessed panel on the case front, which prevents liquid getting in contact with the electrics. We also recommend that all tanks are used with a RCD power break device. All the PA series tanks are designed to be modular.
Develop, Wash and Etch
The PA310 is a popular PCB processing unit. A self-contained triple process unit with built-in DEVELOP / SPRAY WASH / BUBBLE ETCH functions providing a convenient bench standing system. The PA310 eliminates the normal untidiness associated with producing PCBs to the solderable-etched stage. A RESIST STRIP / SPRAY WASH / IMMERSE TIN combination can be added to provide a full PCB processing run. Function tanks and splash proof controls are as standard, with all electrics brought together on the recessed front panel. The connections are provided at the rear for drain and cold water requirements. Supplied Complete with 2 metre mains cable and two syphons.
- Operating Voltage 230VAC 50Hz/60Hz (115VAC 60Hz Version available by Request)
- Splash proof lids with integral Mesh Basket Panel Holders – Takes multiple small boards.
- Variable Operating Temperature Bubble Etch Tank Approximately 0-50 °C (0 – 122°F)
- Variable Operating Temperature Developing Tank Approximately 0-25 °C (0 – 77°F)
- Suitable for metal Etching applications including the production of PCBs, from photoresist coated or conventional copper clad boards
- 5L Tank capacity
- Spray Wash Water inlet standard 15mm connection
- Waste water outlet 32mm Push fit bend
- 10″ x 12″ (254 x 305 mm) Board/Panel capacity
- Unit Size Width 400mm, Depth 525mm, Height 380mm.