The Brush Cleaning machine has been designed and manufactured to provide a compact and corrosion free, single or double sided brushing facility with an option of brush oscillation and or dryer facility.
The Metal Panel’s or PCBs are cleaned by mildly abrasive brushes which rotate at 2200 r.p.m. and (if oscillation is fitted) oscillate at 100 strokes per minute. Brushes are fully adjustable to compensate for wear and varying board thickness (maximum board thickness 6.5mm). Brush adjustment is achieved by turning the large handwheel on the front panel. Visual indication of brush pressure is provided on the machine control fascia panel. The brushes are mounted on accurately machined and finely balanced shafts and are supported by substantially and generously sized self aligning bearings. To minimise the possibility of premature bearing failure, the bearings are double sealed to prevent the ingress of dirt and dust and are mounted within a water cooled aluminium block to prevent overheating. Grease nipples are provided for periodic greasing although this is not normally necessary.
When fitted, the oscillation of the brushes is achieved by mounting the complete brush bearing assembly onto a fixed aluminium plate which is fitted with rigid guide pins accurately aligned to corresponding brushes within the brush bearing assembly
Conveyor drive through the machine is produced from a single variable speed, d.c. shunt wound motor which will produce a fully adjustable linear conveyor speed within 0-2 metres per minute. Drive is transmitted from the main shaft to the individual rollers by worm and wormwheel gearing. This gives a positive and durable drive system which requires minimal maintenance.
All Brushing machine control switches and the brush pressure current indicators are mounted on the front fascia panel and are clearly defined. The electrical control equipment is housed within a sealed cabinet mounted within the machine base frame. Access to this cabinet is achieved by removing the lower front panel. To prevent unauthorised access, a special key is required which is supplied with the machine.
When fitted, panel drying is achieved by directing heated air at high pressure and velocity through a series of blower knives onto the upper and lower surfaces of the Panels. After this, the Panels emerge from the machine clean and dry and prepared for any subsequent processing.
- For use with medium to high volume production often used for surface preparation prior to Dry Film Lamination during the production of PCBs and Chemically Etched Metal Parts. The Brushing machine is used for cleaning, deburring sharp edges, hole edges and irregular parameters from sheet metal without damaging the metal sheet. Popular materials include stainless steel sheet, FR4 Copper Laminate and copper.
- Optional dryer facility.
- 600 mm ( 24″ ) Capacity Double sided brushing. Wider custom built machines available by special request.
- Optional Inlet and Exit Conveyors for ease of handling Processed Panels available in standard lengths of 300mm, 450mm and 610mm
- Optional single sided brushing or double sided brushing
- Dressing Pad supplied for dressing the brushes as part of standard scope of supply that is simply passed through the machine to Dress the Brushes as they wear.
- Cleans and dries panels down to 0.1 mm ( 0.004″) thickness
- 25.4mm Bore Brush VBR100 100mm Diameter 610mm Long Hibass
- Water cooled, sealed, long life bearings with wash as standard
- Popular completment to the Fortex range of Chemical Spray Etching Machines
- Ammeter type pressure readout
- Brushing Machine can be manufactured with or without oscillation
|Description||Brush cleaning processor for surface preparation|
|Model||RBM600 Free standing Module with optional Input/output conveyor|
|Brush Type||2 – abrasive with 3mm travel oscillation|
|Water Spray bars – top||2 ( 1 with nozzle, 1 plain drilled )|
|Water Spray bars – bottom||2 ( 1 with nozzle, 1 plain drilled )|
|Nozzle type||Poly v-jet|
|Nozzles per tube||8|
|Pressure indication||Brush pressure current metres|
|Pressure control||Twin wheels|
|Conveyor drive||Worm and wheel|
|Conveyor drive motor||Variable speed d.c. shunt wound motor|
|Oscillation Motor||97 rpm 3 phase induction|
|Brush Motor||1.1 Kw 2800 rpm 3 phase induction|
|Brush speed||2000 rpm driven via self adjusting `V’ belts and water cooled bearings|
|Speed range||Adjustable from 0-2 metres/minute|
|Heater||1 x 3kW|
|Operating temperature||50 °C|
|Voltage||Three Phase 380/415 volts with neutral 20 amps supply|
|Dimensions||Height 1180 mm (46.5 “)
Width 1250 mm (50 “)
Length 1070 mm (42 “)
|Conveyor Height||883 mm ( 35 “) Customisable height available on request|